Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Some updates on the kids

First I have to say that Carter is smarter than we give him credit for and he has a memory that puts mine to shame!

So he has been getting into trouble frequently at daycare...which I think is going to be norm for him.  Anyways we are trying to encourage good behavior with the use of a sticker chart. (not my idea, it was the daycare's).  So as of last week he has a sticker chart at home and at school.  He knows that when he does something good he is rewarded with a sticker and when he fills up a line at home or at daycare he gets to pick out a new helicopter or airplane.  So tonight.. well I was cleaning up dinner and obviously not watching him close enough he gets some of his sticker and fills up the sticker chart, which is hung on the frig and announces that he gets an airplane because his chart is all filled up.   Guess he was tired of waiting for us to give him stickers! So what I do... start laughing.  I guess I didn't make it clear at the start of this excersize that I had to give him the stickers... nothing like being out smarted by a three year old!

Carter is definetly a challenge to keep in line but he lives every moment to its fullest which you can see on his smiling face as he runs around like a crazy man.  I am learning, slowly to accept that his energy level is much different than other kids his age, but this coupled with a very short attention span is very challenging for us.

London on the other hand goes with the flow... actually thinking back Carter did at this age as well.  Maybe I should start praying for more patience because if she ends up having as much energy as Carter I going to be exhausted, even  more so than I am now!

She isn't crawling yet but us really really close.  She will get up on all fours and tonight started moving her arms forward but hasn't quite figured out how to move her back end... It is adorable because by the time she is done, she's stretched out on her belly.

On other news, Tom and I have finally decided to move closer to Columbus. We are closing on an empty lot Thursday.  So... this spring we'll be bustling around building a new house.  I am very relieved that we'll be closer to my work, lots of our friends (some of them will be about 6 houses down the street!), and hobbies.  Tom will have a longer drive which I do feel bad about... but only a little bit because he has had the shorter drive for 7 years.  I am really going to miss this house and our subdivision but it'll be a better spot for our family in the future.

Until my next update... which will hopefully not be Thanksgiving... God Bless Everyone!