Saturday, February 4, 2012

London Kennedy Kareus

London Kennedy Kareus arrived on January 26th at 7:11 p.m. weighing in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 19.5 inches long.  This was somewhat of a planned arrival because I was induced.  We were anticipating a much larger baby which is why we scheduled an early induction.  Induction happened at 8 a.m.  At 4 p.m. I was only dilated to 6 cm. But quickly progressed to 10 cm and only had to push one time! Yes. I'll repeat one time!  Tom (and his mom) were absolutely shocked that he had a baby girl!  I think they were both expecting another little boy.  I suspected for some time it was a girl, but at the end questioned myself, guess I should have listed to my gut.  We are thrilled (and would have been with a boy as well) to have a healthy baby girl! I also need to note that Tom has a new outlook on boy girl relationships and is dreading her teenage years already! Now he'll start to see how my dad viewed boys in our household!

We have survived our first week at home thanks to some much appreciated (and needed!) help from my parents.  They left this morning... very sad and yes I did cry, but it was awesome to have them here. Now Tom and I will settle into a family of 4 (plus Nixon of course). 

Thus far London is very very easy going baby.  She sleeps alot, nurses excellent, and rarely (and I mean rarely) cries.  She is also only getting up once a night. Which I don't expect to last but am loving at the moment!  She has gone up to 5 hours at night without getting up! I feel sooo spoiled at the moment.

Here are some pictures from the week!